Thursday, October 3, 2013

|| our wedding part 1 : the details ||

I have wanted to blog about our wedding day for quite some time now but I just felt like it was such a big task. My solution? Do it in parts. Today is wedding instalment number one {The Details}. So here we go!

I owe the details of my wedding to two amazing women. My mom and Barb McMurray. Without them my wedding would have been completely pathetic. Between working my 2 jobs and travelling back a forth from Arizona I had no time or desire to plan a wedding. Don't get me wrong I knew what I wanted, I had known since I was a little girl. I am after all a wedding photographer. I just didn't want to put the effort into finding everything and making a million decisions... I know I sound really lazy but honestly all I wanted to do was get married and stop the long distance. Brett and I talked multiple times about eloping but obviously decided against that haha Thankfully I have the greatest mom known to man. My mom spent countless hours researching things on the internet and making choices for me. I totally trust her. She has really good taste. I trust her to buy me an outfit or house decor because she knows my style and she has a good sense of style herself! I had made a pinterest board and so she went off of that a lot and asked me questions along the way.

We were getting a little panicky when things weren't falling together quite right so we eventually called in the big guns. I cannot say enough thank yous and nice things about my wedding planner Barb! She rocked it. Every idea I had she made better and ever idea she had was spot on to my wedding theme. She came up with the best ideas and I love her for it. It all turned out so nice! I loved everything and wouldn't have changed it at all!

Okay well actually there was one thing... The one thing that was a little sad for me was that I always said I wanted an outdoor wedding. I was completely set on it! I was not having my reception in a church. So when I realized I was getting married in February, the middle of a Canadian winter, I knew my dream was not going to become reality. I was pretty bummed but looking back I am happy at the way everything turned out!

I just want to say thank you again to Barb and my mom and also a big thank you to all those who came and helped set up for two days! Both mine and Brett's family and friends were all so awesome and came and decorated for two days and were so willing to help in anyway they could! I also need to thank the wonderful ladies who lent us decor from their own homes, the ladies who made the food served at the reception, and the ladies who helped in the kitchen at the reception. My last thank you is to Brett. Thank you for letting me create the wedding of my dreams. Thank you for being so supportive of every choice I made. Thank you for shopping at Hobby Lobby twice for flowers and never complaining. I love you! You are all amazing! I sure do love all the wonderful people in my life!

If you have any questions about the details of my wedding feel free to shoot me an email at meghaneholt@gmail.com! I would be happy to do my best to answer them.


flowers: hobby lobby
greenery & lambs ear: micheals
boquets and corsages: lisa maxwell {yes that's right, my momma made them all}
wedding planner {decor}: barb mcmurray
photographer: alixann loosle
wedding cake: crazy cakes
cupcakes: michelle wocknitz



















































 photo singoff3_zps6639febe.png

No comments:

Post a Comment