Thursday, February 17, 2011

Cause When Your 15....



My baby sister had her golden birthday on Monday! (It's actually Russell's golden birthday today but I am behind so he will get a shout out later!) 15 on the 15th! I can't believe little Jocleyn is that old! I mean if you look at her you would think she was more like 18! One more year and she is driving... seriously that is a scary thing. I really hope she is better than me! I have been driving for 7 years, yikes I'm old, and have been in 2 serious accidents (one wasn't my fault) and about 10-15 fender bendery type accidents (all of which were sort of my fault). I am cursed, I swear!

Jocelyn is the sweat heart of our family. You can pretty much get her to do anything for you! I'm pretty sure she might even still fall for the "I'll count and see how long it takes you!" How else would you explain her willingness to deal with me be a photographer diva as my assistant! Okay I am not actually that bad... right Joce? Everyone loves her when I take her to weddings. She doesn't really talk but will hold all their things along with mine, fix their dresses silently, and tell them how beautiful/handsome they all look. She is always making friends wherever she goes! She has more friends than anyone! Everyone wants to be Jocelyn's best friend! To bad for them I take that role. ha

Back to the whole she looks 18 thing. Seriously though she is way to GORGEOUS to be 15! People always think she is the older sister. We gave Mitch and Russell's billets a Christmas card and they thought Jocelyn was the 22 year old and I was the 15 year old... I have a young glow about me okay. She has also been hit on by my guy friends who think she is their age, and I have friends ask me all the time why she doesn't come to YSA activities... it's because she is in junior high moron! It might help that she is almost 2 inches taller than me and doesn't really have the body of a 15 year old... We are all jealous.

The Christmas Card we gave them. You tell me if I look 15...


We are really different. Besides how we look our personalities are pretty different too. She has an attitude towards things that I wish I could have so badly! The "oh you don't like me? That's fine." attitude. Which then makes people just want to like her more. Where as I cry and mope if anyone doesn't like me. She also never worries. I feel like she just goes with the flow and has no stress! I on the other hand am a stress case 90% of the time! For instance she is the one that calms me down every time we are driving to do a wedding. Telling me it will be okay and that we have all the equipment and that I am being a big baby.



We do have similar taste in clothing though. I said similar taste in clothes not style. The reason for this is that she HATES shopping! Shopping with her is hell on earth. She hates trying things on and hates anything I pick out for her. But if I buy it for myself she will wear it no problem! I don't understand her! Every day she wears something of mine. A tank top, a sweater, a t-shirt, a pair of my lulu's! I get "mad" every time but it does NO good! She would probably rather have her own clothes but that would involve shopping so she settles for mine! Lucky me.... I did make the deal with her that if she wears my clothes she has to help raise my children. Do all the nasty stuff like change their diapers, clean their throw up, and most of all come over in the morning and babysit them till I wake up! I'm going to be a fantastic mother! She happily agreed since she begs me to have a baby on a daily basis....

She is great and I love her!

Happy GOLDEN Birthday Baby Sister!


This is Jocelyn being my little assistant at a wedding!
She is the best assistant ever!! Holding my bag, umbrella, shader, water bottle, and anything else I might need :)
I love that after a wedding I have about 10-15 pictures of Jocelyn standing in places modeling so I can get the lighting right!




We are a good time!






Just Love Her!


1 comment:

  1. Awww! Tell Jocelyn Happy Birthday from me - I absolutely loved teaching her in my Bronze Medallion class. If you want a good laugh, ask her to act out having a Stroke.

    ReplyDelete