Thursday, February 24, 2011

Family Day

To say I am HUGELY jealous of all the students in Canada would be an understatement. I would love to have a whole 7 days off of work right now! Last year at this time I was in Utah with little miss Lyssa and Janey Pants having the time of my life!
Oh how I miss this!

Notice how last year I was in a place with no snow...
and could go without a coat... mmm sigh

THE best road trip partner in the world!

This year I am a working girl and can't afford to just take a week off. Also Lyss is now a poor student and Janet is off being miss adventurous and going to school in New Zealand.... I could kill her!

So this year I only got one day off. Family Day. I sure made the most of my day off. The Sunday night before I went to a scone party at Steeds, then went to the Midnight Movie with Ryan A, Amber Z, and Jordan H! Of coarse the night wouldn't have been complete without a little drama... luckily it wasn't mine but none the less very entertaining! It is a sad day when my life is so boring I have to live through others... Anyway we went to 127 hrs and I spend half of the movie with my eyes closed, ears plugged, and humming to myself... I was not meant to be a nurse or doctor or anyone who deals with blood or any kind of human waste! Ryan who is in his last year of medical school of coarse mocked me but agreed to tap me when the bad parts were over! 

After the movie Amber, Jordan, and I decided to have a little sleep over. Of coarse we ended up staying up till 5am talking... if any of you know I haven't seen the likes of 5am for a LONG time! I am always the first asleep at everything! I can't help it my body doesn't work after about 12:30am... I am an old grandma. 

The next day I got up at 10:00am (felt great to sleep past 7am!) ate breakfast, showered, went tanning, and then went to Mitch and Russell's hockey game! They won in overtime and it was a great game! Since it was Family Day they honored the families of the hurricanes and we went out on the ice wearing the boys jerseys. It was a little awkward but I did it anyway. My 15 minutes of fame if you will. 
The Maxwell Boys number 1 supporters


I had to separate my hair because it was covering the R. Maxwell.
A goal is achieved!
I now have a head cold and an aching throat... I am sort of out of it so if this post doesn't make sense I'm sorry! I was so confused last night that after I took some Tylenol I went to put the bottle back in the fridge... I guess that's what I get for staying up till 5am... 

1 comment: