Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Nightmares


You know those bad dreams that you just have OVER and OVER again and every time they seem to get more scary and real? Well I keep having the same theme to all my nightmares that have been coming almost every night for a few weeks now. You might think that this is what I am having a nightmares about...

NOPE! Or maybe this?

Well you would be wrong again! SO what is it you may ask? Wedding Photography.

You might also be asking how I keep having nightmares about this? Because I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE shooting weddings! BUT  I will give you a few examples.

The first one I had was that it was my wedding day! I was so happy and excited and getting ready and then my mom walked in and was like so who is doing your photography? I started to panic because I had forgotten to book someone! How could I forget to book my OWN wedding photographer! I started frantically calling all my photographer friends and no one would answer! I then woke up worried and stressed. I then told my mom about this dream and her response was "PA ya right! Like you will forget that part! You will forget your groom before your photographer!" ....she's probably right about that....

Second comes from a totally different nature. I had this dream last night. I dreamed that I was shooting a wedding of 2 people that I didn't know. I was waiting outside the temple as usual and then the head temple dude announced to me that they were coming out so get ready! So as I always do I turned to my assistant Jocelyn and told her to get me my stuff! As we went to get my camera out I realized that I had my camera and only my 50mm lens! I didn't have any spare batteries, no extra memory cards, no other lenses, no filters, no lens hood, and that Joce has forgotten my shader! I was freaking out and then it started to rain. Seriously, I was losing it! Then when they walked out as I was trying to get ready I missed them walking out, and then they just vanished! The bride and groom, the wedding party, the family, the friends and I realized I had taken so much time they just decided not to get pictures! I started to BAWL!! Luckily my alarm went off and I woke up!

You might think these are not real nightmares but I worry that something like this will happen to me every time I shoot a wedding! The night before a wedding a wake up every hour on the hour afraid I have slept in and missed the wedding! I check my equipment probably 300 times before we leave and make Jocelyn check again once we get on the road! Jocelyn doesn't understand how I get nervous before every single wedding. I tell her.. "People only get married once! It's not like I get a do-over! This is the biggest day of their life so far! These pictures will be shown to generations of their posterity!" and so on... BUT when I finally get there and start taking the pictures I am no longer nervous and just love every second of it! Weddings and Engagements are actually my favorite to do! I guess maybe these dreams are good cause they scare me into being even more cautious when I shoot weddings and enjoy them so much more because these things don't happen!

Okay that's all! Sweet Dreams Everyone :)

p.s I have a little sneak peak of the weddings I have shot lately on my photo blog! You should go over there and check them out and COMMENT please ;)

2 comments:

  1. oh meg you are such a doll! i hope those nightmares never come true for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a bit mad at your for posting the picture of that INSANELY HUGE spider and all those baby ones! MY WORST NIGHTMARE...! I hAte spiders and that made me want to live in a tower. Hope your nightmares go away. I had nightmares everynight for a long time but about people trying to kill me and they were hunting me down. Yours are much more PG rated.

    ReplyDelete