Friday, August 6, 2010

All in the Family

Well I am off to Fairmont BC today for the Matkin family reunion! I am also suffering from an awful summer head cold... agh! Oh well! I love this week! At my house we call it the sleep and relaxation vacation! We get to sleep in all we want, have as many naps as we want, do whatever we want during the day and then at night we all get together and eat an AMAZING dinner! SO FUN! So since there will be so much down time I am forcing my family to travel with my HUGE mac computer so I can get some serious editing done! I can't wait :) I have had so many oh so fabulous shoots lately! I can't wait to blog them all for the WORLD to see!

The reason behind this family reunion is this unbelievable great and wonderful women!
My Grandma Clara! She is the greatest grandma that has ever lived! Ever since I was little she has spoiled me rotten! SO ROTTEN! She use to take me to Atkins (a store in cardston) and buy me clothes all the time! One time she took me there and I got a bunch of things and then when we got back to her house my other older cousins were there and were quite offended that they had never gotten special shopping visits with grandma! Yep I am just special I guess! I use to LOVE going and sleeping at grandma and grandpa matkin's house! Grandma use to make me homemade chicken noodle soup and it was and still is my favorite! And my Grandpa was also so amazing!

He was my favorite person in the world when I was young. He would take me fishing, on a hike to see the "dead goat" with mitch, he played hide and seek with me and took it seriously, like the time he hid in the broom closet for 20 mins, he would lay in my playpen when I was a baby and play with me till I fell asleep and so many more amazing things! He has been passed away for 9 years now and I still miss him so much! I have a great pictures to put under here but it's at home and I am at work so maybe I will put it up later!

Okay so to sum it up I am very excited to go and see my cousins I haven't seen in a long time and spend some more time with my family, even though Mitch will be MIA this time Russ gets to come! I actually got to see my cousin Jen and her little family this past weekend and I hadn't seen her in 10 years! We talked about my photography and her amazing little graphic business and I loved every second of it! She is the most talented girl in the world! Her singing voice is out of this world and she is so crafty! I definitely have looked up to her since I can remember!

Here are a few pics of last years Fairmont adventure!

the momma and I at a rest stop on the way!
Mitch and Mom on the way to the waterfall!
Mitch, Pax, and I @ the waterfall
Just before we headed out! We had to leave early, me for work and them for hockey!
two of the best women that I know!
We stopped at the big green truck!
One of the best parts of the trip was the ride home with these two!

No comments:

Post a Comment