Thursday, September 17, 2015

|| Maternity Must Haves ||

Maternity Must Haves


Now that I am in my 38th week of pregnancy I think I am ready to write this post! I can't tell you how many blogs I have read, pinterest searches I have done, friends I have texted, books I have read about the things a women needs during pregnancy! My family actually laughs and makes fun of me about it. It is something I am interested in so I enjoy researching the things pregnant people need and also new born babies… so expect a post about that after the next few months and see how accurate I ended up being. I will be breaking this up into the 3 trimesters and I hope it will help someone out!

1st Trimester: 

Bump Nest Pregnancy Pillow: I had the worst hip and back pain right out of the gate. I researched and had lots of people say they loved their pregnancy pillows for their pain and they were right! The first few nights I had to get used to sleeping with it but now it is my best friend and I love it! 

Lululemon: In the 1st trimester I could still fit in my jeans but I was so sick that I just wanted to be comfy all. the. time. So I lived in my lulu bottoms! Everyone needs at least one pair of black lulus that are stretchy and go with anything.

Mother's Special Blend All Natural Skin Toning Oil: I started using this stuff as soon as I found out I was pregnant. I am prone to stretch marks so I knew oiling would be very important! I have loved this stuff and just ran out of it the other day. It smells pretty good and did the job. I just started getting a few on my hips the last week but I think it helped keep them at bay.

What to Expect App: I liked this app to help me track my progress! I liked how every week it told me what size my baby was according to a fruit or veggie!

Toast: I just thought I would give a shout out to toast for being my staple meal those first 12 weeks. I hated 99% of food so luckily I could stomach toast and green smoothies. 

2nd Trimester:

Target Maternity Jeans: My jeans started to get a little tight and this babe does not like anything constricting his dance parties so I popped over to Target and bought these and have loved them! You can spend all your $ on maternity jeans and I refused. 

ASOS Maternity Dresses: If you are pregnant go buy some of these RIGHT NOW. I have lived in these this summer. They are stylish and you can find good deals if you check a lot but the best thing is that they fit well and are so comfy! 

Tums: My heartburn and acid reflex has been awful. So so awful. I have a bottle by my bed, in the living room, in my purse, in my car, and in my pantry. I am dead serious! Luckily I got a prescription from my doctor after I couldn't do it anymore and it has helped a ton! If I miss taking those I can kiss sleeping goodbye.

FitBit: My wonderful mom gave me her old fitbit halfway through my second trimester and I have loved it. I have a polar watch that I love but being pregnant it was hard to wear the hear rate monitor so the fitbit was perfect. It gave me motivation to get my steps in each day which was huge! Sometimes it's hard to get off the couch…   

Caslon Vnecked Tshirts: These may not be "maternity" per say but they have been by far the most comfortable my whole pregnancy. I bought about 5 and have loved them all. Especially my plain black one. They are also really flattering and you can totally wear them when you aren't pregnant too. Bonus!  

SPANX Power Mama Maternity Power Panties: If you get one clothing item from this list this is it! I was worried about getting these because like I said this baby doesn't liked to be squished but they don't make me feel constricted at all! All they did was make me feel held together and more confident since they held my love handles in a bit! Get them, they are worth every penny.

BECCA Under Eye Brightening Corrector: I went to Sephora one day with my mom and mother in law and got my makeup all done for me and it was heaven! One item that they used that I bought and have loved is this BECCA under eye brightening corrector. I haven't slept much or really had great sleeps my whole pregnancy so this stuff has been a life saver! I have naturally puffy under eyes anyway but add the no sleep and they were bad so I was happy to find something that didn't make me look like a zombie!

Third Trimester:

So to be honest I really haven't bought much for myself or used any new products in the third trimester! I have been totally focused on baby boy's wardrobe, nursery, and other baby gadget things! I did buy another pair of stretchy pants from superstore that I have loved and a tunic shirt for $2.50 at Old Navy. Also a large exercise ball to bounce on in order to speed up labour but other than that… nothing! Oh and my gorgeous cousin Morgan did tell me about some sunless tanning lotion that I have liked! I couldn't lay out in the sun much this summer because I got hot so quickly and it made me sick to be on the boat so my tan really suffered! This has been nice to make my huge white tummy and legs not look quite so white. I also love st. tropez bronzing mousse but it is pricey so I only use that for special occasions.

There you have it! If I think of anymore I will add them! If you have any suggestions to add to the list let me know too, I love trying new products!







No comments:

Post a Comment