Thursday, September 3, 2015

|| Bouncing Baby Boy ||

I figured that maybe I should do a blog post about our newest little addition to the family before he is already here! I can't believe he could be here anytime… Like I am almost 37 weeks. Talk about a blogging/journaling failure.

How We Found Out:
Okay before I write this out I have some stuff to say. I have debated how to say this all for a long time now. I am a pretty open person about some stuff but pretty closed off about other stuff and it's hard for me to get real personal when everyone and their dog can read it. Especially when it's not just my trial to share. So after much debate all I am going to say is that this baby is our little miracle. He is an answer to a lot of prayers and we feel so unbelievably blessed to get to be his parents!

Okay here we go then! So it's January and I had been trying not to count down the days until... well you know the "special womanly" day that month but lets be serious I knew exactly when it was and it was finally here. I didn't want to get my hopes up so I tried to pretend like it was just a normal day. I did this same routine for the next 4 days, almost having mild panic attacks every time I had to pee. Finally I told Brett as we went to bed that I was 5 days late. He said well did you take a test? I explained that no I hadn't and that I couldn't do it and see a negative sign again. So we made up a game plan, I would take the test in the morning and he would go check it and tell me the results. Is this how I had once planned on telling my husband I was pregnant? No, not even close but nothing had gone according to plan so far so why would this right? So the morning came and as soon as I woke up I had instant mammoth size butterflies in my stomach. We said a quick prayer together and I headed off to take the test. I hurried back into bed and we waited a few mins and then Brett went to see the results. I swear he took an hour in there. I thought for sure it was negative and he was too nervous and sad to come tell me. But soon he emerged with this little grin and said "Hey Honey, it says positive!" I obviously started bawling and smiling and laughing and all sorts of other things! I was so excited and couldn't believe it! I knew I wasn't out of the woods. The next weeks leading up to week 11 and our first ultrasound were the longest of my life. The relief we felt when we were told everything looked great and healthy was huge! He (we didn't know he was a he then) looked so cute already!


5 weeks late while my mom and Jocelyn were visiting us in AZ we decided to get a gender reveal ultrasound done! I wish they had these in Canada for our next babies. We might have to make trip to to the states just to get one ;) It took the ultrasound tech all on 10 seconds to be able to tell us the we were having a bouncing baby boy! We were all so excited! I wasn't shocked at all because that had been my guess from day one. So happy!



We got to see our little boy again at our 21 week ultrasound! Sam was our ultrasound tech and she did an amazing job! Unfortunately Brett couldn't be there, silly school, so Joc and my mom got to sit in again! She confirmed he was still a boy and that he was a healthy little fella!


Due to the fact that my husband was born with a head in the 97% and that my mom was induced 2 weeks early after Mitch was huge, my doctor thought it would be smart to get a size ultrasound done. Lucky for me it looks like he is at 50% across the board! So hopefully they are right… Only time will tell! Also check out his little lips! Blowing his mommy a little kiss and melting her hear!

So there you have it! A little update on our baby boy who we cannot wait to meet! Hopefully sooner rather than later :)


No comments:

Post a Comment