Wednesday, November 17, 2010

No Originality

Just this past weekend me along with some friends went on a little road down to Idaho. This post isn't about that trip persay it's about the music we listened to... I learned on this trip that according to some people (Joe and Matt) that I have no originality in my music choice. Did this bother me? Not one bit! For 8 hours I had to suffer and listen to music that I had never heard nor ever wanted to again!! The whole find a band no one has ever heard of that sings indie music doesn't interest me at all! Seriously at some points I wanted to throw myself out of the car! Matt also made the rule of no iPods so we had to listen... ya well finally I snuck my phone out and secretly plugged my earphones in and went back into the world of B Spears ( I can call her that cause we are that close) and Beyonce and couldn't have been happier!

I'm not ashamed that I listen to mostly top 40 and religiously check the billboard top 100 every week. It's who I am. I am the girl who is keeping Katy Perry and the Jonas Brother's in business! It's not that I haven't tried to be the cool chick who knows all these songs no ones else does and dresses super cool and has mad style... cause I have tried but lets be real... I looked like an idiot and changed that on the spot! I can't pull off the outfits that those girls wear... the craziest store I shop at is probably Forever 21... yep so cool I know!

Also I just want to make a point that I am envious of these people. I wish I was cool like them really I do!  Like my roommate Megan is so this girl! She is the original, cool, hip, everyone wants to be like her Megan and I am the unoriginal really has no style Meghan. She wears the coolest clothes and can pull off any outfit! She listens to music I have never heard of! She even wants to go to this little acoustic cafe and listen to people sing this music live! Ya she is way cooler than me. Also Alyssa has tried more than a million times to try and make me like this stuff... she has finally given up after this trip I think and luckily she also loves some top 40! So we get along just fine when we road trip together which is often! We listen to about 10 songs we both like and then 1 that only she likes! Such a good friend she is!

So in honor of my unoriginality here are some top 40 songs that I have been lovin lately! And if you are one of these cool chicks or dudes and you listen to these songs and hate them... I am not even sorry I suffered for 8 HOURS okay.... thats a REALLY long time!

2 comments:

  1. I have respect for your music choices Meaghan.
    I have a feeling that you and Danielle have similar music interests! :) I've never gone on Danielle's blog without hearing a little Eminem, Rihanna, or Lady Gaga. I respect that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I loved that comment Shay. That made my whole night. Eminem goes with me whever I go. And Meg, let's be real here. We have the exact same taste in music and always did. I love it. I think WE need to go on a rockin' roadtrip!! I love ALL those songs you mentioned!!!

    ReplyDelete