Wednesday, June 23, 2010

New Blog, Same Blogger

Well welcome to my personal blog! I have wrestled with the idea of having my own personal blog for sometime now... but I have decided what the heck! I also have a photography blog that if you want you should check out HERE! The reason behind this blogging came after I was reading a talk given by President Kimball on the importance of keeping a journal. I am so bad at this. Period. I have never kept a journal... well I did for like 3 days when I turned 8... but for the most part I don't! Honestly I have the best memory in the world. Seriously ask my friends! I remember everything, like every detail... its weird! So I just figured whatever I don't need to write it down since I remember! But then I cam across this quote for the talk...
"What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved? Some of what you write may be humdrum dates and places, but there will also be rich passages that will be quoted by your posterity."
I guess when I'm dead it won't really help my "future posterity" if only I can remember my life! Because apparently it's really gunna help them out! So I best be getting on it right! So here I am combining my love of blogging and my dislike of journal writing! Mostly this blog is for me and if someone wants to read it then by all means but I can't promise it will be interesting or exciting!

It's odd that I am doing this since one of my favorite quotes is
"Someone once said: it's the good girls who keep diaries.
The bad girls never have the time.
Me... I just wanna live a life I'm gonna remember. Even if I don't write it down."
But here is the thing.. I have all sorts of time! I have a job that well... lets just say I have a lot of time on the computer! I watch a lot of T.V series! On the other hand I am living a life that if I didn't write down I would remember! But I'm doing this for my "future posterity" remember? So whatever I am still sorta living by the quote!

Okay that's enough for now! I am such a rambler... oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment